Amplifier 160-6 meter 1.5Kw
The ACOM2100 is a complete and self-contained linear amplifier that covers all amateur bands from 1.8 through 54MHz and provides over 1500W PEP or continuous carrier output power with less than 85W exciter drive. Antenna VSWR up to 3:1 is acceptable with 1500W forward power. Tuning is substantially simplified by a plate-load True Resistance Indicator (TRI) and by an automatically controlled input attenuator. Operating parameters are displayed by a multi-functional high brightness and contrast OLED display. Full break-in transmit/receive switching (QSK) is standard.
Easy to operate. The TRI is a powerful tuning aid that, together with the 2:1 TUNE and LOAD caps verniers and the automatically controlled input attenuator, helps the operator to quickly and precisely match the antenna impedance to the optimum tube load impedance (5-10 seconds typically). The auto-operate function (when enabled) maintains the amplifier in the OPERATE mode for you, thus avoiding unnecessary manual operations.
An amplifier that is both user-friendly and that looks after itself. It is designed to safely withstand up to 400W reflected power, up to 100 milliseconds duration of drive spikes, drive RF "tails" after a PTT or KEY release, operator's inadvertent tuning errors etc. The amplifier also will not cease to function with a "soft" AC mains and will deliver more than half power at only 85% of nominal mains voltage. It can withstand voltage drops (down to zero Volts) for up to 10 milliseconds and can tolerate 15% mains voltage spikes, which is especially important on Field Day, during DXpeditions, and at portable operating events where emergency power is relied upon.
Uses a single 4CX1000A/8168 ceramic and metal radial beam tetrode with plate dissipation of 1000W (forced air cooled, grid-driven), which is specifically designed for class AB1 RF linear amplifier operation.
- Frequency Coverage: All amateur bands 1.8-54MHz, extensions and/or changes on request.
- Power Output: + 1500W PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit.
In continuous carrier modes (RTTY etc.) for transmissions longer than 5 minutes (up to several hours depending on ambient temperature), the external auxiliary fan must be installed.
- Intermodulation Distortion: Better than 32dB below PEP rated output.
- Hum and noise: Better than 40dB below rated output.
- Harmonic Output Suppression:
1.8-21.5MHz - better than 50dB below rated output, 24-54MHz - better than 66dB below rated output.
- Input and Output Impedances:
Nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239A) type connectors;
Input circuit: broadband, VSWR less than 1.3:1, 1.8-54MHz continuously (no tunings, no switching);
Bypass path VSWR less than 1.1:1, 1.8-54MHz continuously;
Output (antenna) impedance matching capability: VSWR up to 3:1 or higher.
- RF Gain: 13.5dB typically, frequency response less than 1dB (50-85W drive power for rated output).
- Primary Power: 100-264V (100, 110,120, 200, 210, 220, 230 & 240V nominal taps, +I0% -15% tol.), 50-60Hz, single phase, 3500VA consumption at rated output.
- Complies with CE safety and electromagnetic compatibility requirements as well as FCC-regulations.
- Size & Weight (operating): W445mm x D375mm x H205mm, 29.3kg (17.5x14.8x8.1 inches, 64.6Lbs)
- Operating environments:
Temperature range: 0...+50 degs. Celsius;
Humidity: up to 95% @ +35 degs. Celsius.
Height: up to 3000m (10 000ft) above sea level without output deterioration.