The R820T2 RTL-SDR is currently the cheapest, most common and is the best in terms of general usability. The R820T2 has a frequency range of (*)500Khz – 1766 MHz (frequencies above 1.2 GHz may require cooling/heatsinking) and is fully 100% compatible with any software for the older R820T.
The R820T2 tuner has slightly better sensitivity than the R820T and also works better at frequencies around 1.5 GHz. It also works better with the experimental HF drivers
- HF support via direct sampling. Connect an HF antenna directly to the SMA connector and tune from 500 kHz – 24 MHz with the direct sampling mod. (No hardware modding or soldering required)
- 1 PPM temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO) – Accurate tuning and almost zero temperature drift (2 PPM initial offset, 1 PPM temperature drift)
- SMA female antenna port – Most dongles use the less common MCX or PAL antenna ports. SMA is more common, so more adapters and antennas are available for it. It is also more durable and has lower insertion losses.
- R820T2 tuner – More sensitive than the older R820T tuner. 100% compatible with software for the older R820T.
- Improved component tolerances – Allows the RTL-SDR to work more optimally over all frequencies.
- Experimental: 4.5V USB powered bias tee - Can be enabled by soldering two pads on the PCB together. This allows the RTL-SDR to power LNA’s (like the LNA4ALL and HABAMP) and active antennas through the coax cable.
- Experimental: Break out pads for direct sampling - Allows easier soldering to pins 4 & 5 on the RTL2832U for enabling the direct sampling mod.
- *NEW* Aluminium case and passive cooling - Our latest units that are shipping come stock with an aluminium case and passive cooling via thermal pad!
(*) 500Khz to 24 Mhz with reduced performance
Gqrx SDR (Linux MacOS-X)
SdrDx (Windows MacOS_X)
Rx satélites Meteorológicos
Sdr-Radio.com V2 avance