RigExpert AA-54 is a powerful antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines.
Mainly, these are SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) and impedance measurement instruments (vector impedance analyzers).
Easy-to use measurement modes, as well as additional features such as connection to a personal computer (to plot Smith charts, etc.), make RigExpert AA-30 and AA-54 attractive for professionals and hobbyists. It is quite important that graphical display of various parameters over a wide frequency range is a key feature of these analyzers which significantly reduces the time required to adjust an antenna.
The following tasks are easily accomplished by using RigExpert AA-54:
Rapid check-out of an antenna
Tuning an antenna to resonance
Antenna SWR and impedance measurement and comparison before and after specific event (rain, hurricane, etc.)
Making coaxial lines or measuring their parameters
Cable testing and fault location
Measuring capacitance or inductance of reactive loads
Frequency range: AA-30: 0.1 to 30 MHz, AA-54: 0.1 to 54 MHz
Frequency entry: 1 kHz resolution
SWR measurement range: 1 to 10
SWR measurement for 50 and 75-Ohm systems
SWR display: numerical or easily-readable bar
R and X range: 0…1000, -1000…1000 in numerical mode, 0…200, -200…200 in graph
- SWR at single or multiple (AA-54 only) frequencies
- SWR, R, X, Z, L, C at single frequency
- SWR graph, 100 points
- R, X graph, 100 points
- Connector type: UHF (SO-239)
- Output signal shape: square, 0.1…10 MHz (AA-30) or 0.1…10.8 MHz (AA-54). For
higher frequencies, third or fifth (AA-54) harmonics are used.
- Output power: about +13 dBm (at 50 Ohm load)
- Two 1.5V, alkaline batteries, type AA
- Two 1.2V, 1800…2700 mA·h, Ni-MH batteries, type AA *
- Max. 3 hours of continuous measurement, max. 2 days in stand-by mode when
fully charged batteries are used
- When the analyzer is connected to a PC or a DC adapter with USB socket, it
takes power from these sources
- 128x64 graphical backlit LCD
- 6x3 keys on the water-proof keypad
- AA-54: multilingual menus and help screens, AA-30:menus and help screens in
- USB connection to a personal computer
Dimensions: 22·10·3.6 cm (9·4·1.5”);
Operating temperature: 0…40 °C (32…104 °F)
Weight (including batteries): 400g (14 Oz)
* Ni-MH batteries are not included with the analyzer. Users can purchase these
batteries with a corresponding charging adapter.